Monday, May 15, 2017

The Weekend Report: Getting Back to Regular Life

So now that I have both of my "big events" behind me, I am back to just the usual run-of-the-mill agility trials. It sort of seems anticlimactic now. You invest so much time, effort, and emotion into the National shows, that going to a normal trial (and especially on a quieter Friday!) seems strange.

This weekend (as I said Friday. It was a three day trial.) was a trial given by the Shenandoah Valley Kennel Club and held in Winchester, Va. It was a cold and cloudy day so absolutely perfect for indoor agility!

It started with Jumpers on a fairly tricky course. We were going along well, and getting close to the end. Unfortunately Jimmy crashed the triple jump. Not exactly sure why, maybe the busy background behind the jump made him unsure of what he was jumping. It looked like he didn't jump quite high enough to clear it or he launched a bit too soon. But down the bars went and no Q for us.

Here are the map and video.....





The day moved along quickly and before I knew it was time for Standard. The triple was in pretty much the exact same place but this time Jimmy knew what he was doing and cleared it just fine. We had a nice run everywhere else as well and earned the blue ribbon! Yay for Jimmy! Of course, right now we are counting down the double-Qs to our PACH2 title, so this won't count toward that. But then I don't want to get there too quickly because I don't really have any more goals after that!

Here is the map and sorry, but no video.....


Tracking Jimmy's PACH 2 progress:
Very 1st Double-Q: Sunday 5/1/2016
QQ#20: 
Masters JWW legs: 56...MJP Title 01/25/15 MJPB 10/11/15 MJPS Title
Masters STD legs: 51...MXP Title!10/24/14 MXPB 04/30/17 MXPS Title
Double Q's: 15(out of 20 needed)
PACH Points: 1582 plus many more! I have lost count!

4 comments:

  1. We love watching the videos. You are awesome
    Snorts,
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Jimmy are such a graceful team to watch work together. I loved the video. I'm smiling at your teamwork!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit I don't understand all the scoring etc. but I do love seeing the videos. Jimmy was excellent in my opinion, sending him hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job. I think it's a fun sport and you all are doing fantastic with it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...